How to make the most of your home’s natural light?
Poorly sized areas, small windows or poor sun exposure are some of the reasons why you are unable to enjoy natural light in your home. The apartments of the Mouzinho de Albuquerque Building do not have any of these structural problems, however, there are small tips that you can implement to make the most of your home’s natural light. Today, we leave you with a series of ideas to further enhance the sunlight entering your home.
We start with the advantages of having good natural lighting at home:
– It is better for our eyes – solar radiation imposes less effort on our vision than darkness or artificial lights;
– Respects and marks the biological rhythm, helping to establish a healthy sleep pattern;
– Contributes to the synthesis of vitamin D, an essential vitamin for the fixation of minerals in bones;
– Starts the production of endorphins, contributing to general well-being;
– Natural light is free! Artificial lighting is one of the factors that weigh the most on the electricity bill;
– Solar radiation inhibits the growth and proliferation of fungi, bacteria and viruses.
Having identified the advantages of natural light, we leave you with some tips that you can apply in your home to take advantage of sunlight:
White on walls and furniture
The white color is the one that best reflects the light, leaving the environments more illuminated. In addition, white provides a sense of spaciousness and disguises lines and shadows that delimit areas. Painting the walls and ceilings white will give you a feeling of more open space.
In furniture and decoration elements, white also serves as a light reflector, giving a feeling of spaciousness to the areas. Just try not to build environments that are too monochromatic, otherwise they will become uninteresting.
Bet on open spaces
Too many walls divide the space and limit your view. Too many compartments, along with the misuse of elements that divide areas will give the feeling of tighter spaces. Bet on mixed areas like dining / living room, kitchen / living room and avoid closed doors between each room. In this way, the light will enter without obstacles!
Keep window glasses clean
Clean glasses will give your eye the feeling that the room extends outwards. This advice may seem unusual but believe that this task should not be overlooked.
Avoid placing furniture by the window
Furniture that blocks light from windows will automatically darken the room. Rather, you should opt for decorative pieces ideally a maximum of one meter high, so that they do not obstruct the light.